Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Empties!


Hello Lovelies! Welp I decided to go ahead and do an empties blog. So far there are no makeup products but I am working on it.

For starters I have 2 body washes. Both are from Bath and Body Works and both are from a stash that I am desperately trying to work my way through.

Sheer Freesia Creamy Body Wash. First thing you should know is that I am in LOVE with Bath and Body Work's sheer freesia scent. And that explains why I went a little spend happy years ago purchasing a number of sheer freesia products during a semi-annual sale. Now this creamy body wash does nothing special. It cleanses and it smells nice...and that's about it. But, as that is all I need from my body wash I'll take it. Due to my indulgence in this scent it is a product that I will not repurchase because I am getting a little tired of the scent. But do expect to see more sheer freesia products in the future.
Cancer Vixen Wild Berry Body Cleanser. This C.O. Bigelow product came out a couple of years ago. I believe that the point was to support cancer research. I however got it on sale for pennies on the dollar, so of course I got a few of them. Again nothing special here. In fact I am really tired of the scent and looking forward to not having to experience it anymore. I do have a couple of body lotions to get through of this scent so I will have to continue to put up with it.

Staying with cleansing products

Clear Scalp and Hair Therapy Complete Care Shampoo. This new hair line has left me impressed. I do have to deal with oily hair and dandruff (sucks I know). This nourishing anti-dandruff shampoo does control dandruff, a feat that was previously only possible of Redkin products. I did not repurchase because I wanted to try other shampoos for the sake of seeing what else is out there. However, this is a shampoo I would recommend for those afflicted with dandruff. At a price point of about $6 you can't beat it.
eos Shave Cream. I bought this in pomegranate raspberry and liked the scent. I can't say that I loved this product. I have another bottle of this that I am working on so who knows if it will grow on me. The thing that I really did not like was the fact that it is in pump form. There is significant product that is stuck in the bottle with no way of getting out easily. I would rather see this in a squeeze tube so it can be more user friendly.
Soap&Glory Face Soap and Clarity 3-In-1 Daily-Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash. This is one product that I had high hopes for. It claimed to smooth, clean, and scrub. Now I have oily combination skin and this did nothing for it. It is mild so I would think that this would be a product that many skin types could use. This is a product that I am considering for a giveaway because I am interested to see what others think. At $16 a pop it is not a product that I would repurchase for my oily combination skin.
Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish. So I only had a sample of this, enough for one use. I used this with my Clarisonic and loved. It left my face feeling clean and matte. For a gal with oily combination skin this was major. Definitely a product I will purchase in full size form.
Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes. I am a huge fan of cleansing wipes. I use them to take off my makeup so I am constantly on the look out for cleansing facial wipes. I gave these a try and I am a little torn. The brand claims to be the sensitive skin experts so maybe I hopes were too high. What I did love about these wipes is that they leave no oily residue as some other wipes do. After each use I felt that my face was indeed cleansed. What I did not like was the actual wipe material. I felt that it was a little rough for my liking and therefore not very comfortable to use compared to some other ones. So far I'm feeling like I have to choose between softness and non-residue. The search for the perfect wipe continues!

Two extras

Living Proof Hold Firm Hairspray. This hairspray has amazing hold just like it claims. I liked that there was no ashy look to my hair after the product had been on for a while. The smell is not that bad either considering that it is hairspray. I also like that it is available in 1.8oz for traveling purposes. This is a product I would recommend and would repurchase in the future.

Clear Care Contact Solution. This one is for the contact lens wearer. I am in love with this product. I used to be a loyal Opti-Free user but after trying this I am not going back. This has triple action cleaning- it deep cleans, loosens dirt, and enhances protein removal. It comes with a little container that you put your contacts in to neutralize the solution while it cleans your contacts. I say neutralize because the solution is made up of 3% hydrogen peroxide. It comes with instructions for you so you can use the product safely. I would go ahead and give this one if you haven't already done so. It is amazing...and watch the container bubble up is also kinda fun.

Well that's it for this empties entry and I am already working on the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment