Sunday, August 12, 2012

Attack on Germs! (Haul)

Hello Lovelies! So I thought what better first post than one that helps you stay healthy. Now I am not a big fan of antibacterial hand sanitizers because I know that overuse can actually be harmful. BUT in moderation they can be really helpful. I went a little overboard on the hand sanitizers because I may soon need them. I am hoping to start a job soon that will require me to these a couple of times a day. I figured, if I have to use them then I might as well find some in nice scents! I bought these online at Bath and Body Works a while back. Let's get started :)


I bought three of these for $4 a piece. These are the larger hand sanitizers with pumps. I figured that I could share the wealth by leaving these on my desk. I just checked out the website Bath and Body Works and they have a couple of more scents on there. 


The Fresh Lavender smells like lavender and alcohol in the bottle. Once I put it on though, the alcohol smell wore off and just the lavender smell remained.


The Summer Escape smelled just like alcohol in the bottle. Once I out it on it smelled just like cotton and linen. I thought the picture on the bottle was a nice indicator of what the scent would be like.


Of the three, this was by far my favorite. In the bottle is smells like a peeling orange. When I out it on it still smelled like oranges being peeled. However, as time went on it started to smell more like mango. This is a scent that I would like in a PocketBac version.



I picked up 7 of the PocketBacs for $.80 a piece. These are small and a perfect size to stick in your handbag. Bath and Body Works constantly changes up their scents so it is worthwhile checking them out from time to time. They usually have a special on the PocketBacs. (Note: the tub is from The Container Store)


The Hoot Berry smelled like sweet, cough syrup in the bottle. The smell did not change much once I put it on. This was my least favorite, but not a regret. More like one that I would not repurchase.


The Jungle Fruit had a pleasant, fruity smell in the bottle. It reminded me a little bit of what a dragon fruit drink would taste like...if that makes sense. The smell remained the same once it was on. This one is in my handbag right now.


The Pink Daisy had a floral, soap scent in the bottle. I'm not really sure what daisies smell like...so yeah. Not a bad scent if you like florals.


The Raspberry Pink Peony had more of a floral scent in the bottle. Once it was on there was only a hint of raspberry, and more pink peony.


The I <3 Watermelon Cherry smelled more like cherry in the bottle. I reminded me of what a cherry jolly rancher would taste like (again, does this make sense?) Once I put it on it had a sweet smell that reminded me of strawberries.


The Baa Black Cherry smelled more like grape in the bottle. Once it was on it did smell more like black cherry. 


The Wildberry Dahlia had a good mixture of a floral and fruity scent. Once it was on though, the floral scent dominated.

On a side note, I love the packaging of the PocketBacs. Okay, until next time stay your amazing selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment